1. Switchboo (referred to as “Switchboo Ltd” “we” “our” or “us”) works hard to protect the privacy of your personal data and always ensure that it’s secure. We have strict procedures in place on keeping personal data safe, and we also limit who sees it to help any unauthorised person accessing it.
2. Information Collection and Use
1. We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. We may collect information from you when:
1. Fill out a form on our website while using the service.
2. To carry out an automatic switch on your behalf.
3. When you visit our website.
4. Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
5. Email address.
6. First name and last name.
8. Bank information.
9. Employment status.
10. Phone number.
11. Utility usage.
13. Cookies and Usage Data.
14. Payment Information.
2. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, deals, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
3. Usage Data
1. We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
4. Location Data
1. We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.
2. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
5. Use of Data
1. Switchboo Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
1. To provide you with the energy suppliers that suit you best.
2. To notify you about changes to our Service.
3. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service.
4. To provide customer support.
5. To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
6. To monitor the usage of our Service.
7. To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
8. To detect and prevent fraudulent activities.
9. To provide you with news, special offers and general information about the products and services which we offer unless you have opted not to receive such information.
6. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
7. Retention of Data
2. Switchboo Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
8. Disclosure for Law Enforcement
1. Under certain circumstances, Switchboo Ltd may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
9. Legal Requirements
1. Switchboo Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1. To comply with a legal obligation.
2. To protect and defend the rights or property of Switchboo Ltd.
3. To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
4. To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
5. To protect against legal liability.
10. Security of Data
1. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
2. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
3. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
4. You understand and agree that all websites are Internet-dependent, which is very unpredictable, and no single person or entity can ensure complete security or control over the activities prevalent over the Internet. Though we implement various security measures, but due to our lack of control over the Internet, we do not undertake any liability for loss of information due to no fault at our end.
11. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Switchboo Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
2. If you wish to be informed of what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
3. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
1. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
5. The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
6. The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
7. The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
8. The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
9. The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Switchboo Ltd relied on your consent to process your personal information.
10. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
11. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
12. Service Providers
1. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
1. We provide paid products and/or services within the Service and we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
14. Links to Other Sites
2. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
15. Children’s Privacy
1. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
2. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
17. Contact Us.